TOTEM Storm subwoofer
Totem Acoustic’s Storm offers a compact solution to bass augmentation. Like its big brother, the Thunder, the Storm has many advanced design features, yet adds a few of its own to facilitate multiple uses. The front firing driver in the Storm shares external cone topography and materials with the two flanking passive units. We believe that this contributes to a more informative and less compressed energy flow. As is the case with the upper echelon Thunder, the Storm is not only designed for cinema/surround applications, but is comfortable in a stereo or multi-channel audio environment. The Storm benefits aesthetically from a choice of Totem’s four veneers on all faces and is also available in gloss black to match the Tribe on-wall models. To enable multiple use, the Storm’s control panel has the following features:
– Automatic power down. Amplifier goes into standby when signal is absent. Reactivates automatically on signal reception
– Volume adjustment
– Variable phase dial (0° to 180°)
– 1 pair of low-level RCA inputs
– 1 pair of unfiltered low-level RCA outputs
– 2 pairs of unfiltered high-level terminal inputs
– 2 pairs of unfiltered high-level terminal outputs
– Crossover enabling/disabling switch to use low frequency management and control from processor. Allows use of a variety of speakers (mini monitors to full-range)
– Detachable power cord
The speakers require several hours of actual music playing time as a minimal break-in period. During this time, refrain from playing them at very loud levels. You will notice a definite gradual improvement in the cohesiveness of the music reproduction as this occurs. It is only through the support of advocates such as yourself that true sound can be promoted.
– Frequency response: 26 – 250 Hz (in room)
– Driver: 8″ / 200 mm cast frame unit, special concave cone and dust cap.
– Passive Radiators: 2 x 8″ / 200 mm cast frames, special concave cone and dust cap.
– Dimensions (w x h x d): 11 x 12 x 13.8″ / 280 x 305 x 350 mm
– Amplification: 300 W
Kleur: satin white